Pickle Juice

What is the fascination people have with drinking pickle juice?

Patients in our ED think it is the snake oil of the 21st century. Drinking it will cure everything from stomach aches to constipation to drug overdoses to erectile dysfunction.

It’s vinegar and water, folks. Maybe a little salt added. Those are the same ingredients in this Summer’s Eve product – just a different scent.

Dill-icious.

Still thirsty?

21 Responses to “Pickle Juice”

1. corey says:

That’s great.

2. Wiserun says:

That’s not the reason they’re in the ED, is it?

3. Tiffany says:

Nice. Makes me look at pickles in general very differently.

4. Jamie says:

Although I never thought of it as medicine, I’ve been known to take a drink of pickle jiuce from time to time. I think you just cured me of that though.

5. crankylitprof says:

Great. Now I can start referring to people as PICKLED douchebags.

6. scalpel says:

I withhold judgment until the randomized placebo-controlled studies are completed.

7. Lael says:

Ha,my kids drink pickle juice…FREAKS!

8. ee says:

Dude, back when I was in high school all the athlete’s swore that drinking pickle juice prevented cramps. Of course, the pot they smoked and crack they snorted before the events might have helped dilute the pain of a cramp, too.

9. Anna says:

Ahem…

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

10. TK says:

11. mottsapplesauce says:

I’ve heard the same thing about saurkraut juice…maybe has something to do with fermentation? I’d rather drink a beer, now more than ever…..

12. Donna says:

I know alot of people who think that if they drink enough of it, it will skew the whiz quiz that they might have to take for work. It totally doesn’t work, but you can tell who they are cause they believe it and are swigging it down constantly. Ack.

13. Does that mean that women who use Summer’s Eve smell like a kosher dill down there?!?!

The better question is would it be a turn-off or a turn-on?

14. mottsapplesauce says:

L & T Tech–
    I guess that all depends on what kind of sandwich you like….

15. NurseExec says:

Ewwwww. I like pickles, but dayum, LOL!

16. Jeff says:

So why do women spend all that money on Summer’s Eve when they can just buy a jar of pickles? :)

17. mottsapplesauce says:

Jeff-
    Summer’s Eve is cheaper than a jar of pickles. Not to gross you all out even more than WhiteCoat but I’ve heard of some women using, uh, plain yogurt–due to it’s probiotic ingredients–no kidding.

Wasn’t douching for the old days.. well not old but prior to the 80s? I had an aunt who believed you were always supposed to do that. Something about can even use vinegar and water. (not sure here) Anyway..I thought that you are supposed to let nature run it’s course in the bajingo.. barring any infections of course and that those products can actually irritate.?

MottsA… I have heard of the yogurt and I while I have never done it… I don’t think it’s gross. I love plain yogurt, but the idea of me spooning out some for a snack and then some for my nether regions is weird. :)

I have also heard people say that eating things that are very hot and spicy is good for you because it kills and cleans you out. I don’t know if that is true.

19. marcia (2) says:

I didn’t know there was a national pickle-juice-drinking trend. I remember guzzling the stuff when I had mumps as a child, because it was the only thing that made my throat feel better (actually acutely sore, instead of achy, which I saw as an improvement). My mother thought I was nuts.

20. wackyvorlon says:

This just made me think of pickle suppositories.

This discussion is just getting too weird for me,
    What have I started???

21. mottsapplesauce says:

You created a monster, WhiteCoat..hehe….