Survey Sticky Note

If you haven’t done so, please take a few minutes to complete the survey about health care patient satisfaction surveys located at the following link:

If you have already taken the survey, thanks!

11 Responses to “Survey Sticky Note”

I wanted to take the survey both ways ..as a patient and employee but won’t let me. :(

If something were wrong..I would say so.. but I’ve always had excellent care. And it would have to be really bad for me to complain.

I left feedback blank because I don’t care. I wouldn’t say no feedback, but don’t care either.

Can I take the employee survey? :)

PS-I usually *don’t* do the patient surveys but when I have ..they are complimentary. :)

3. Katherine says:

Can I answer even though I’m in NZ?

4. DaveyNC says:

The last question on mine was “What question would you add to the survey to make it better?”

I answered, “Would you accept a $25 check in exchange for completing this survey?”

5. Andrea says:

Aren’t ED Press-Ganey surveys only sent to patients who are seen in the ED and discharged? Isn’t this just ruling out the patients who are more likely to have had a positive ED experience? The patients admitted from the ED were likely higher acuity so they had less of a wait and required more physician and nurse face time. They also are likely grateful to the ED staff for helping them in their time of need. The patient who comes in with an acute abdomen and turns out to have needed an emergency appendectomy is going to be grateful to the ED staff for figuring it out and getting him to surgery, and probably glad he came in rather than just ignoring his “stomach bug.”

So it’s not exactly a question I could add to the survey to make it better, but if I could do one thing to make P-Gs better, I’d say that we should send them to all patients, not just those who were dispoed out the door.

6. paul says:

these surveys are probably the thing i find second most annoying about my profession. i filled out the poll wc, though i’m not sure what the point is… i don’t think the results will surprise you very much. or lead to any change in how much the beancounters overvalue the almighty p-g.

7. Christi says:

Okay, I’d love to take the survey, but I don’t have a lot of experience with the questions. Only 4 times in the ER in the last 20 years, and it was an immediate family member who was the patient each time (once for each daughter, once for my husband, and once for my father.) The only time I got a survey was after my daughter was evaluated after a fainting spell. We rated the experience as excellent.

I have received quality surveys from my former primary care physician – and boy do I wish I could answer on behalf of my dad. See, my 73 year old dad and I used to share the same doctor. About a year and a half ago, he went in to have some urinary issues checked out. Our dr. totally blew him off. No PSA, no physical exam, nothing. Just a “this is what happens when you get older.” To put this in context, like many men of his generation, it takes something pretty significant to get my dad to the doctor. And, at the time, my mom, who was in hospice, was starting a rapid decline. I wanted my dad to follow up, but he didn’t until 6 months later, after my mom had died. Within a year of the original visit, he was diagnosed with Stage IV prostate cancer.

Do I think that the six month delay in getting reevaluated made a huge difference? Probably not, but I cannot tell you how angry I am at the original doctor for blowing my dad off. If I could talk to him and figure out what his reasoning was, I might feel better. But because of HIPAA, not to mention my dad’s wishes, I can’t say anything or get any further information. Bitter? Me? Whatever gave you that idea?

This is probably not the place for this rant, but thanks for letting me get it off my chest.

8. Hey, great website. Got a chance to check out some of your recent posts and I can relate. Nice job with your writings.

I just started my own site so I’m checking out other sites to see what’s out there.

I’ll be following.

Happy Thanksgiving. :)

10. Mommy-medic says:

Just wanted to take a second and say I just found your blog through various other related links. Been sitting here reading and giggling for quite a while. (well, except for the story about the GI bleed and the long fingernail full of poo, that’s gross. And I think I transported her once or twice….) Anyway, thanks!