Resurrection

It is appropriate that this incident happened in the early morning hours of Easter …

A guy gets brought in by ambulance when he was found “unresponsive” in the front yard by two relatives. According to one of the relatives, all had been drinking to celebrate the Easter holiday. Didn’t know Easter was one of those “drinking” holidays, but that is beside the point.

Relatives called 911. The ambulance arrived within minutes. As the paramedics rolled up to the scene, their headlights illuminated one man laying on the ground flailing his legs, another man holding his arms and pinning him to the ground, and a third man doing chest compressions on the flailing man.

“Thank GOD you guys are here!” says Moe.
“Is he stable now?” asks Larry.
“F***ers! Now my chest hurts!” yells Shemp.

“Looks like you saved him,” says the paramedic – between giggles. “We need to take him to the ER, STAT!”

Thirty minutes later … a lobby full of inebriates wanting to know if we’re going to transfer him to a specialty hospital.

I hereby refuse to work the night before Easter anymore.

7 Responses to “Resurrection”

1. Anonymous says:

“Didn’t know Easter was one of those “drinking” holidays, but that is beside the point.”

Silly boy, every holiday is a drinking holiday if you’re ambitious enough!

2. Soronel Haetir says:

I own a retail liquor store and my sales figures would indicate that indeed they are all drinking holidays.

This one is getting past me. Why were they attempting to do CPR on him? Because they were drunk?

4. Sarah says:

I realized a while ago (the hard way) that Easter is not the holiday you want to work! It may get both of your stats for the year out of the way in one go, but you will go through hell. I still don’t know what it is about Easter, but the hospital just seems to go nuts…

5. ERP says:

Sounds like an impending charge of the drunk brigade.

6. William says:

Had a lifeguard tell me “We tried to do CPR but he kept pushing us away” Back in my EMS days