What Will They Find?

Catching up on the news and saw an article about a construction crew in Flint, Michigan that was expanding the hospital emergency department when they came upon two time capsules buried deep within Hurley Hospital.

At least one of the time capsules is more than 100 years old.

I had a bunch of humorous ideas for what I thought they’d find inside.

What do you think will be in there?

13 Responses to “What Will They Find?”

1. 08Armydoc says:

the original foley

2. Nurse K says:

All of the data gathered from pointless projects done in 1906 and a few missing troponin samples that the lab told the ER were ‘lost’.

3. ER Doc says:

I trained there (It is part of the U of Michigan EM program). It wouldn’t surprise me if they found some of the original models of equiptment that we were still using in the early 2000s.

4. pace2007 says:

JCAHO citations that the time capsules were not properly handled?

5. 08Armydoc says:

My blood culture that’s still listed as “pending”
    Any send-out lab result
    The only otoscope for the ward
    The mac blade for the code cart

6. WhiteCoat says:

I was thinking more along the lines of samples of bacteria that were actually sensitive to penicillin, a daguerreotype of a suprised Dr. Hurley in a closet with a nurse, George Orwell’s first crayon drawing of the word “BEWARE”, and the severed head of the administrator who, during a staff meeting, first said “Hey! Let’s establish a national agency to track and enforce patient safety standards in hospitals!”

7. ERP says:

I bet something cool like vintage Kelly clamps, old Rx’s, some granny-looking nurse’s uniform, or a signed plaque from when Hellen Keller visited.

Interesting. I’m curious to know the contents.

It has to be something they considered important at the time… symbolic of the medical era.

Documentation would be interesting.

Maybe some old written prescriptions WC!

I have no idea.

We did a time capsule in 5th grade ..but I don’t remember what I chose to put in or how long to be buried. Forgot all about it.

9. toni says:

A pair of eyeglasses, dentures made of some interesting material and HA’s. What else?

10. ndenunz says: