WTF Moments #989 and #990

A man hurriedly walks into the emergency department, comes up to the triage window, bangs on the bell several times even though the nurse is sitting right there and says in a loud voice “Ma’am! I need a denture cup real quick!”
I’m still having difficulty figuring out the emergency that requires a stat denture cup.
He never came back after getting a styrofoam cup.

Later in the day, I’m dictating a chart note. A man was in his garage using a power drill when the bit slipped and cut his finger.
I dictated “Patient was using a power drill in his garage.”
Dragon NaturallySpeaking Medical Edition came up with “Patient was using a power drill on his crotch.”
Glad I caught that one.

8 Responses to “WTF Moments #989 and #990”

1. Dan says:

there’s a difference?

2. DefendUSA says:

I still love Dragon! We have a client who loves to leave letters as messages and it makes it easier to “dictate”!!

3. [...] the idea from White Coat, I proudly present WTF moment [...]

4. Hueydoc says:

I think when I get old and retired, I’m going to go from ER to ER pulling stuff like that. Fake a seizure in the waiting room, run in and yell that my daughter is out in the car having a baby, sit in the waiting room and sell bottles of aspirin as ” oxycontin” to the druggies,…….

Some things are better not known …although ..I wonder too. :)

How do you go from finger to crotch? Not even close!

6. Hueydoc says:

I just laughed my head off at a post on Madness- the lady with the “Fibromyalgia ” medical bracelet. I figured WC really needed to see it !

7. joebob says:

One of the EMRAP lecturers this month spoke of a radiologist that configured his voice recognition software so that when he dicates “Satan’s asshole” it transcribes “elevated D-dimer.”

8. Dr. Grumpy says:

He needed the denture cup to catch what fell off when the power drill dug into his crotch.