I’m Getting Old

Congratulations on your graduation, kiddo.

We’re all proud of you and your straight A average, even if your friends make fun of you for being a “try-hard.”

Doesn’t seem like it was that long ago when I was giving you piggy back rides and helping you fix the disarticulated joints on your Barbie dolls.

You’ve grown up smarter, kinder, and more beautiful than I could have ever imagined.

Good thing you take after your mom more than your dad.

And thanks for making me remember how old I’m getting.

18 Responses to “I’m Getting Old”

Awww that was sweet WC.

What a lovely picture of her. Congratulations to your daughter! And to you and Mrs WC for doing a great job parenting.

From all you’ve written since you began …it’s apparent that you are all a loving and close family and that is a blessing.

Actually …I didn’t know you were THAT old WC. I thought your kids were all in grade school. ;)

You are right about it not seeming like it was that long ago when you were fixing her Barbies, etc., as time really does seem to fly by. I felt like grade school was forever and we had forever, then H.S. years seemed to speed up and college just flew by.

2. rlbates says:

Congratulations to your daughter!

3. Dan says:

Congratulations to all three of you. Well done!

4. Leslie says:

Beauty and brains…..congratulations!

5. Researcher says:

Best wishes for your family and safe celebrations.

6. Straight A’s and pretty. Could make a good litigator. What would you do if she went to law school? An honor killing? Would fit into Penn Law

7. defendUSA says:

Aw…She’s beautiful. Congratulations…now where is she attending college? :)

8. WhiteCoat says:

Thanks to everyone who made *nice* comments. She graduated junior high and is going into high school. Grandpa was a criminal defense lawyer who used to label “prosecutors” as “persecutors” and who would call some judges “fools in long black dresses.” I’d give her a pass if she ever went the law school route, but that isn’t an interest of hers right now.
    And as for those who made the not so nice comments, keep in mind … I have a .45 and a shovel.

• SeaSpray says:

Okay ..you’re younger again. I thought she was graduating H.S. :)

Those of you whose not so nice comments didn’t get published – I know you were kidding.
      And I was kidding about the pistol and the shovel. Well I wasn’t kidding because I really do have a .45 and a shovel, but I wouldn’t use them on anyone … at least in the same chain of events.

9. My daughter is still very young and part of me can’t for her to get older – but then I realise I need to cherish this time!

10. DensityDuck says:

“try-hard”? Really?

Let’s see what they think about “try-hards” when they’re overweight single mothers of two who’re pushing thirty and looking forward to a long career as a Safeway checkout clerk.

I tell her the same thing, but apparently friends and popularity are more important than career path at this point in one’s life.
      I think she’s beginning to see the importance of striving to be better, though.
      Then again, she also made me drop her off at the side of the school for the first day of summer school this week. That way no one would see me. [Sigh]

11. Anony says:

I thought that she was graduating HS judging from the pic. Anyway, congrats!